You’ll practically fly over your next trail when you’re wearing the Mesa Trail.
We made the Mesa Trail with lightweight, barefoot-friendly, minimalist running in mind. But we know you’ll wear it off-trail too.
You’ll look great when you pair the Mesa Trail with your favorite jeans, and is comfortable enough for all-day wear.
The breathable, mesh upper gets rid of the weight and keeps you cool. The moisture-wicking lining helps keep you dry. The welded protective covering of the adjustable midfoot and instep straps adds durability. The lugged, dual-chevron tread gives you sure-footed traction. And the “hidden” 3mm TrailFoam™ layer adds the right amount of protection and comfort.
Why you’ll love the Mesa Trail
- Natural FIT — a wide toe box lets your toes spread, splay, relax, and function naturally.
- Natural MOTION — the Mesa Trail is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way, well, that feet are supposed to. The “XERO-drop” design (non-elevated heel) allows for proper posture, and it’s built low to the ground for balance and agility.
- Natural FEEL — the Mesa Trail has a 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber sole, including the 3.5mm lugs to give you the right combination of protection and grip, plus ground-feedback so your brain knows how to move your body optimally. Also, you can remove the 3.5mm insole, for a closer-to-barefoot experience that lets you Feel The World®.
- Light weight — so light, in fact, you could forget you have them on. A women’s 7 is about 6.4 ounces (each).
- Huarache-inspired design — the adjustable instep and midfoot straps are not just eye-catching but functional, giving you a secure and comfortable fit.
- Vegan-friendly materials — No animal products are used in the Mesa Trail
- 5,000 mile sole warranty — like all Xero Shoes, the Mesa Trail is backed with a 24 month manufacturer’s warranty and a 5,000 mile sole warranty.
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I struggled at first to decide what size to get as I'm in SA and so cannot try them on anywhere. First size I ordered was too big, but customer service was helpful with choosing the correct size- I am usually a US8.5 but the mesa trail in a US9 is fitting well. We also had a bit of a hiccup with postage, but the customer service was just the best. I love the shoes and am very grateful for all the help and support I received along the way.
I so much wanted to love these but my big feet are too big for the largest US11 Women's sizing and they run a fall size too small. Pity they didn't have a US12. I will need to go to Mens version but they may be too high volume for me. I love Xero's Z-trail sandals so I have confidence I will find the right shoe for me from their range, but most probably in Men's sizing for large footed female trail runners.
I love these shoes but I wish I'd gone up a size. I find Xero shoes to be really well made and really comfortable. I just wish their sizes ran true! But, a shout out to Hamish from Xero shoes Australia, who has been really helpful in accepting my size returns and helping me guess the right size. I wear Australian women's size 8. The Genesis sandals in USA 9, and the HFS runners in USA 9.5. I bought the Mesa trail shoes in USA 9.5 too but I would be more comfortable in a 10.
Took two returns to get the correct size (I'm a 7 and had to go to an 8 but tried a 7.5 first) but I was sent both new sizes without delay upon return of the old ones. I also had a breakage after about a month of wear - one of the red lace tags came unstitched and after asking I was sent a new pair immediately.
I have been wearing barefoot-type minimalist shoes for 3 years now and the Xero Mesa Trail is probably my favourite closed toe shoe. Excellent grip on dirt, grass, wet or dry, even pretty good in mud. The only surface not great for them is wet concrete (but this is pretty standard for lugged shoes). They are extremely comfortable although I think they are just slightly small fitting. I'm a women's size 9 but find the 9 is a tiny bit short in length so that my toes can touch the end of the shoe. I prefer more room so have ordered another pair in size 9.5. The width is nice and generous with lots of room in the toe box. Easily adjusted for wider or slimmer feet. They are incredibly comfortable and lightweight. The only reason I haven't given them 5 stars is that I've noticed a small section of the inner tongue where some stitching is coming loose. It's very minor though and easily fixed with a few stitches. I use them for lightweight hiking, trail running, dog walking and everything in between. Highly recommended!!
My shoes just arrived yesterday! They colour is gorgeous and they are a perfect fit. I love the space around the toes but the shoe is suprisingly supportive. I took them out for a big walk on my usual trails, which are rocky and muddy. These shoes have excellent grip and the mud does not get stuck in the sole. My feet feel great after their first walk in my shoes and I can't wait to try running in them. Also these shoes are so stylish! I feel like I can wear them casually with any of my clothes.